Quality Policy / Warranty
Our customers expect from us completely natural products – that is our minimum standard.
. Our raw materials are tested for harmful substances under the strict guidelines of the QuL. This involves using modern analytical technique for the examination of about 240 relevant pollutants. The examination and certification of the materials takes place annually by the ECO Umweltinstitut, Cologne.
Ecology is a core value, sustainability the goal of the hour.
In order to create a sustainable product, the ecological approach is complemented by the high quality of the material, because only such a high-quality material can guarantee a long service life, and only when a product that is as ecologically produced as possible also has a long service life does it fulfil the criteria of sustainability in the true sense of the word. Top quality in the implementation, which provides you with cosy comfort, which ensures a long service life, is the crowning glory of this win-win formula.
If, in addition, fair working conditions accompany the creation process, we are on the way to a better world.
And then there is another aspect that is important to us: All our products should not only make sense, but also be affordable.
Our raw materials are absolutely natural, organic quality as far as possible
- We mainly use Cotton from controlled organic cultivation (kbA) or GOTS quality, our standard cotton fleece in the DX Collection is also ECO tested. Textile articles are all basically in organic quality.
- Our Virgin Wool – in Alpenland qualityät® – comes from Österreich, from sheeps moving from meadow to meadow as in ancient times. We also use "Plein Air" virgin sheep's wool from French free-range sheep, for which the same applies, but which is particularly high-quality and effective.
- Our Natural latex is 100% natural, with no added fillers or synthetic polymers.
- Horsehair is of conventional origin, from Europe, because nothing else exists.
- Coconut fibres come from Sri Lanka and India and are naturally harmless in every respect.
- Our cover fabrics are woven in Müsterland area, according to the highest environmental standards, all in organic quality (GOTS).
We are not yet satisfied with all parts of the product cycle, but we are working on meeting our own specifications.
We guarantee all-natural, uncontaminated futon mattresses for your enjoyment.
We are a classic manufacturing company and indeed each futon is made by hand, part by part, the raw materials prepared, cut and layered, the fabrics cut and stitched to the centimetre, each stitching point individually fixed, punched (which is done by machine to preserve the fabric) and packed. In all this, we naturally make sure that your product is beautiful and that we handle all materials with care. Individual customer wishes regarding the dimensions or the construction are discussed and usually implemented.
Our quality standards
The careful handling of first-class materials guarantees you the highest level of reliable and handcrafted quality; around 1% complaints per year is our average, and that speaks for itself.
However, we are sparing with the issuing of advertising-effective guarantee promises, because we do not want our high quality to be compared with the mostly dubious guarantee statements of the mattress industry. For us, if a customer complains about our quality, whether it relates to the material or workmanship, we always find a good, customer-friendly solution.
Based on our quality claim, we promise you a 10 year warranty on the function of your futon. Please contact us in confidence at any time if something should not be in order.
Based on the experience of over 200,000 futons sold, we know that the average service life of our futons is >15 years, the record mark is almost 30 years.