BIOFUTON DW 2.0
BIOFUTON DW 2.0
A firm core of natural rubber forms the basis and with the top layer of horsehair or coconut fibres on both sides, the result is firm but elastic support. So despite good body adaptation, there is no feeling of sinking in. The layers of delicate organic cotton and fine virgin wool lie gently on the surface.
Robust French free-range virgin wool from species-appropriate animal husbandry ensures the best sleeping climate and the natural latex with a firm character keeps the futon in shape for a long time. The construction of this futon is classic, proven for decades and probably perfectly fulfils the desire for a firm lying feeling without ever being hard.
The delicate look makes this mat attractive, but also brings with it a limitation in resilience. Therefore, we recommend this futon for side sleepers up to approx. 70kg or stomach/back sleepers up to approx. 85kg /per person. Of course, it is also ideally suited for children and teenagers.
Coconut fibres are firmer than horsehair, which has an effect depending on the futon type/thickness. This is clearly noticeable with the DW 2.0, which is why we recommend horsehair for side sleepers.
Vegan: With cotton instead of virgin wool and coconut instead of horsehair, this futon is very firm and particularly suitable for stomach/back sleepers. Biofuton DW 2.2 is recommended for soft and side sleepers.
This futon is easy to fold and can also be rolled after some time.
A futon is perceived differently depending on body weight:
Heavier people might look at Biofuton DW 4.1 with same structure and clearly more volume.
- 5cm natural latex (100% natural rubber, according to QuL), H5, 86kg/cbm
- 2x 1000g/sqm coconut fibre, stable and climate active, if desired: horsehair instead of coconut (no extra charge)
- 2x 1000g/sqm certified organic cotton (organic farming) (GOTS)
- 2x 550/sqm French free-range new wool "Plein Air"
- Cover - Cotton satin, 330/sqm, fine, smooth quality of controlled organic cultivation, point stapled, in typical futon look. All materials strictly tested for purity, by ECO Institut, Cologne
- Total height is 12 - 14 cm, initially 14 - 15 cm
- Weight - ca. 10 kg/sqm